EZ SHAPE CUSTOM MOLDS MUST BE HEATED IN HOT WATER AND MOLDED BEFORE USE
• Insert the mold into your ear, making sure the tip is aligned with the ear canal, then press firmly into your ear by pressing firmly on the Back Plug, again, ensuring the tip is aligned and inserted in the ear canal. For most people, the ear canal goes forward (towards the eyes), so angling the earpiece forward will help ensure it is in the ear canal and help improve fit and sound isolation.
• If you have small ears, you can trim the mold down a little with scissors after it is heated. Just snip a little off the top, then place the mold back into the hot water for 1-2 minutes to soften the edges.
• If you have large ears, try to create more of a shell than a plug—this helps cover the concha (bowl) of the ear.
• If you find any spots where the Earpiece is uncomfortable after molding is complete, drop the mold back into the hot water for about 3 minutes and gently smooth out those areas to get a smooth mold.
• Each ear canal (R and L) can be a different size, what size of tip that works on one, might not work on the other. Try different tip sizes and combinations of types of tips in each ear, if needed.
TIPS FOR GETTING A GOOD FIT:
• Focus on getting the tip aligned and inserted deep enough first and then focus on the “molding” step.
• Start with a silicone tip that is a size smaller than you need. This makes it easier to get into your ear and start molding. After the mold is cooled and set, swap out the tips for the size you want.
• Make sure the mold is not hard in the center after heating. If any part of the mold feels hard or is not pliable during the molding process, simply place the mold back into the hot water for a few minutes to let it fully soften. Decibullz can be remolded anytime and as often as needed.
• Once you have the tip inserted and aligned, use a mirror, or get help from a friend to shape the mold around the bowl of your ear.
• When using the foam tips, compress the foam tips with your fingers, to as small as possible, before being inserted into the ears. This will allow the foam to expand in the ear canal for maximum noise isolation. This also prolongs the life of the foam tips.
MORE NOISE ISOLATION NEEDED?
if you think you have a good mold and just need more noise isolation, move up to a larger size of foam tips. The medium foam tips came in the package with the Custom Molded Earplugs, but if you think this is the issue, reach out to our support team and we can help. firstname.lastname@example.org
TEST YOUR EARPLUGS BEFORE FULL-TIME USE:
Test your earplugs in progressively louder environments. You can do this by gradually increasing your noise exposure. Another way to test your earplugs is to talk out loud. While wearing your earplugs, the sound of your own voice should become deeper, hollow or muffled in BOTH ears. If the change is not in both ears, or there is no change at all, you have not achieved a secure seal and you will need to remold your earpieces or contact Decibullz customer support. Keep in mind that you will still hear some surrounding frequencies and noises while wearing your Decibullz earplugs. However, the surrounding noise should be muffled and you should always feel a secure seal.
You can also check the fit once you are done with the molding process by cupping your hands tightly over your ears. If the surrounding sounds seem more muffled with your hands over your ears, then the earplugs might not have the secure seal that is needed. Try the various sizes and combinations of tips to improve the seal of your earplug or you might need to remold to obtain the desired fit and seal.