Here are some additional tips you can try to make the Custom Molded Earplugs more comfortable to use while sleeping. However, if you sleep on your side, the fit and comfort really depend on how deep or shallow your ear canals are and if when you're laying on your side, if these go too deep into the canal, they might not be comfortable enough for all night.
Follow these steps:
- Heat as instructed and let cool for 30 seconds.
- After placing in your ear, apply pressure to simulate sleep, or lay down on your side as you would while sleeping.
- Allow the mold to completely cool.
- After the mold is cool, check for any sharp edges or ridges.
- If there are ridges, heat (in hot water) for one minute.
- Use your finger to smooth/round the edges.