Here are some additional tips you can try to make the Custom Molded Earplugs more comfortable to use while sleeping. However, if you sleep on your side, the fit and comfort really depend on how deep or shallow your ear canals are and if when you're laying on your side, if these go too deep into the canal, or are not flush with the ears, they might not be comfortable enough for all night.
Here are a few tips to try for use while sleeping:
- Follow the molding instructions and heat the molds as instructed and let cool for 30 seconds
- After placing the mold in your ear, apply pressure to simulate sleep, or lay down on your side as you would while sleeping
- You can also put the palm of your hand over the ears to see if any molding material is sticking out too far that would also apply pressure on the ears and make sleeping uncomfortable
- Allow the mold to completely cool
- After the mold is cool, check for any sharp edges or ridges
- If there are ridges, heat (in hot water) for one minute
- Use your finger to smooth/round the edges
Article is closed for comments.