Percussive Filter Instructions
EZ SHAPE CUSTOM MOLDS MUST BE HEATED IN HOT WATER AND MOLDED BEFORE USE
• Insert the mold into your ear, making sure the tip is aligned with the ear canal, then press firmly into your ear by pressing firmly on the Filter, again, ensuring the tip is aligned and inserted in the ear canal. For most people, the ear canal goes forward (towards the eyes), so angling the earpiece forward will help ensure it is in the ear canal and help improve fit and sound isolation.
• If you have small ears, you can trim the mold down a little with scissors after it is heated. Just snip a little off the top, remove the filter, then place the mold back into the hot water for 1-2 minutes to soften the edges.
• If you have large ears, try to create more of a shell than a plug—this helps cover the concha (bowl) of the ear.
• If you find any spots where the Earpiece is uncomfortable after molding is complete, remove the filter, drop the mold back into the hot water for about 3 minutes and gently smooth out those areas to get a smooth mold.
• Each ear canal (R and L) can be a different size, what size of tip that works on one, might not work on the other. Try different tip sizes and combinations of types of tips in each ear, if needed.
TIPS FOR GETTING A GOOD FIT:
• Focus on getting the tip aligned and inserted deep enough first and then focus on the “molding” step.
• Start with a silicone tip that is a size smaller than you need. This makes it easier to get into your ear and start molding. After the mold is cooled and set, swap out the tips for the size you want.
• Make sure the mold is not hard in the center after heating. If any part of the mold feels hard or is not pliable during the molding process, simply remove the filter, place the mold back into the hot water for a few minutes to let it fully soften. Decibullz can be remolded anytime and as often as needed.
• Once you have the tip inserted and aligned, use a mirror, or get help from a friend to shape the mold around the bowl of your ear.
• When using the foam tips, compress the foam tips with your fingers, to as small as possible, before being inserted into the ears. This will allow the foam to expand in the ear canal for maximum noise isolation. This also prolongs the life of the foam tips.
MORE NOISE ISOLATION NEEDED?
if you think you have a good mold and just need more noise isolation, move up to a larger size of foam tips. Small, Medium and Large sizes of foam tips came in the package with the Percussive Filters, but if you need any additional support, please reach out to our support team and we can help. email@example.com
Article is closed for comments.