HIGH FIDELITY WARNINGS & TESTING
BOTH PROFESSIONAL HIGH FIDELITY AND STANDARD HIGH FIDELITY
IMPROPER FITTING OR MISUSE WILL REDUCE THE EFFECTIVENESS OF EARPLUGS/EARPIECES AND COULD RESULT IN HEARING LOSS OR INJURY
The molding process involves heating your molds and forming them to your ears. DO NOT PLACE THE HOT MOLD INTO YOUR EAR. Wait until the mold is warm and pliable. Test thoroughly in progressively louder environments. Wear hearing protection at all times that you are exposed to loud noise. The filter should reduce ambient volume slightly, you can test this by talking loudly. You should be able to hear your voice clearly, but at a reduced volume, and the noises around you should not sound as loud.
If at any time you feel your hearing protection is not providing adequate protection, remove yourself from the loud environment immediately.
Remove any piercings in the concha of the ear(s) as the piercings may become fixed to the molding material. It is important that the ear tip seals correctly to achieve the designed attenuation level.
Check that the silicone and/or foam ear-canal tips are securely attached to the EZ shape custom molded earpiece before every use. Remove the earpieces/earplugs slowly and gradually break the seal. Rapid removal may damage the eardrum.
Use only as directed. If misused (by failure to use as directed), the ear canal tip may become lodged in the ear, which requires removal by an Ear, Nose, and Throat Doctor ONLY.
Please note that by themselves, the filters are not hearing protection. These filters will only provide you with the indicated damping if they are correctly placed in our EZ Shape Custom Molds and used with the canal tips.
We advise that you read the fitting instructions carefully before placing the Earplugs/Filters in your ear. Molds must be molded properly for maximum effectiveness.
CAUTION: CHOKING HAZARD
Keep away from children and pets. Parts are non-toxic but may interfere with breathing if caught in the windpipe.
NRR & INDIVIDUAL USER
The EPA has selected the Noise Reduction Rating as the descriptor of hearing protector effectiveness to be utilized on the labels required by U.S. EPA Regulation 40 CFR Part 211 Subpart B. Decibullz makes no warranties as to the suitability of NRR as a measure of the actual protection afforded to the individual user.
Excessive heat can deform the earpieces. Do not leave in a hot car, direct sunlight, or anywhere with excessive heat. Exposing them to temperatures above 120°F/49°C could cause the EZ shape custom molds to melt and your Decibullz can become damaged.
TESTING YOUR HIGH FIDELITY EARPLUGS/FILTERS
Test thoroughly in progressively louder environments. Wear hearing protection at all times that you are exposed to loud noise.
ALWAYS MAKE SURE EARPIECES ARE INSERTED CORRECTLY BEFORE USE
Once both filters are fitted, perform the following checks:
- Look in a mirror to make sure that the bowl of the ear is filled and there are no gaps leading towards the ear canal.
- The canal tip should be snug, but not uncomfortable.
- The filter should reduce ambient volume slightly, you can test this by talking loudly. You should be able to hear your voice clearly, but at a reduced volume, and the noises around you should not sound as loud.
- If you are not sure you have inserted the earpiece correctly, or if you feel that you are not getting a complete seal of the ear canal, take it out of your ear and try some of the other tips provided in the box.
- If, after trying the different sizes and styles of tips, you still do not feel the earpieces are fitting correctly or providing a proper seal, then you may need to remold your earpieces.
Always check your custom filters before entering any loud environment.
Be sure that once the filters are in place, that you allow one to two minutes for the foam tips to fully expand and seal the ear canal, if you are using the foam tips.